Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No Real News

Just in case anyone out there doesn't have the opportunity to see my frequent updates (read: whining) on facebook, I wanted to fill you in on where we are in our ever-present waiting game. (And warning...there is more whining ahead!)

If you recall, we were having an ad run in the newspaper to hopefully satisfy the Embassy's requests. We believe this began running around the 16th or 17th, and it is supposed to run for two weeks, meaning it may be done as of today. If not, then definitely within the next day or so. Once the ad has run its course, a new letter is written by the police, then translated, and eventually submitted to the Embassy. I am hopeful this will be done by the end of this week or early next week. At that point, they will (once again) review everything and either clear us or ask for something else. Our agency tells us they really think this should be it. I am trying to believe that, while preparing my heart for the possibility that there could be more. I have e-mailed with the embassy a little bit, and from what they have told me, I have a glimmer of hope that this will satisfy them. It seems there has been just one real "hole" in our documentation, and the ad should fill it. Please pray with us that this is true!

So...it is possible that by the end of next week, we could be cleared to travel. I am trying to walk a fine line between positive energy and faith AND pragmatism and realism and all those other unfun -isms. I honestly don't know what I will do if they ask for something else, so I'm trying not to worry about that possibility too much. At this point, 12 families have been submitted to the Embassy from our agency that I know of over the past two months. Six before us, one with us, and four after us. Of all of those, one family submitted before us remains (and has been dealing with many of the same issues we have), one family after us remains, and then us. The other nine have all cleared, some with no issues at all. I have been really struggling with WHY these delays and problems have happened to us. I don't think we've done anything wrong. I don't think we love Gabby one bit less than those families love their children. There is not thing about this process that is fair, or easily understood, or routine. And that is really hard for a type-A, control freak, impatient person like myself to understand. I fight everyday to be happy for those families instead of just sad and bitter for myself.

So...that's where we're at. I'm hanging out at the corner of whiny and bitter. I'm trying to make my way up the street to the intersection of hopeful and faithful! :) So many of you tell me that you are praying for us, or thinking of us, and I want you to know just how much that means to me. Please, keep us in your prayers just a little while longer. I really hope this whole thing is behind us in another week or so!

2 comments:

  1. your day is coming soon, girl! and it will be so totally absolutely worth it! it will be suh-weet! stay positive for all the world to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i soooo feel for you--i'm sorry you are having to go through this. is this something your local congressman could write an email about (i don't know the circumstances). a friend of a friend was getting the run-a-round from the embassy and had our local office send an email. one email and they were off the hook. praying hard for you. hang in there. BIG {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete