Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Children's Sale Done!

Woo hoo, the Children's Sale is done!!!! Getting everything ready for the sale pretty much consumed every free minute over the past three weeks or so, and I am SO glad to be done with it. I ended up tagging well over 700 items!

This is what I ended up with (in case you can't tell, there are 12 tubs, 10 boxes, plus a huge pile of bigger items!):




I came home with 6 tubs full, along with the bath tub, Diaper Genie, and Kick and Crawl toy. Everything else sold, which I estimate to be about two-thirds of what I started with!! I won't find out the total made for a couple more weeks, but I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Boy, do I have some thank you's to hand out! First of all, I need to thank my fabulous, wonderful, unbelievably awesome friends Sarah and Shari. I was so worried about how I was going to unload and hang up/put away all of those items before the sale. I needn't have worried-I literally turned around and they had put almost all of it away. They also forced me to stop and eat dinner, lol! AND, as if that wasn't enough, they then helped me carry the leftovers out the next day. Thank you!! My best friend Jen listened to daily questions about how much I should price this or that item, and always gave great answers...thanks! I also need to thank everyone who scrounged up hangers to help me. This includes John and Kim Crawford, Kathie Solomon, Annie Siler, Amber Pio, Bonnie Parker, Shannon Dougherty, Sue Hennessy, Amanda Hennessy, Julie Shaver, and Jennifer Ochoada...I think I got everyone, but if I forgot you, please know how grateful I am! I am trying to keep a list of everyone who has helped us in any capacity on our journey, so that someday our baby girl will know just how loved she was before she ever got here! We are truly blessed with wonderful friends and family.

Next up for us is our garage sale. Our awesome church is allowing us to use their outdoor covered shelter, so we will hopefully be a go rain or shine. The date is set for October 9th, starting at 8 am. It will be located at Mt. Auburn United Methodist Church, which is at the intersection of SR 135 and Stones Crossing Road in Greenwood. So far the two car part of our garage is literally stuffed to the gills, and much more is coming in. If you have anything you would like to donate, please let me know and we will be more than happy to come get it! We would love to see all of you there!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, you make a girl blush! It was my pleasure to help! I can't even tell you how exciting it is to be on this journey with you. I'm anxious to see how God will work through the rest of this process, and it'll be so cool to see our kiddos at home together!

    ReplyDelete