Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

I Need Recipes (and hangers)!

The response to my previous post asking for help has been overwhelming to me. I knew we had supportive friends and family, but the way so many of you have jumped to offer donations of items for the garage sale and recipes for the cookbook has been wonderful. And what has amazed me more than anything are the people I barely know who have offered to help. Thank you!

I need recipes. I am hoping to have around 175 yummy recipes for the cookbook, and although I like to cook and eat, I don't know that I've got quite that many! I am looking for all kinds (and let me know if there is a category I am missing):
*appetizers
*entrees
*side dishes
*desserts
*breakfast items
*breads and rolls
*holiday items
*kid favorites
*and I would like to do a small section of Ethiopian recipes to tie the book into our cause, so if anyone (other adoptive moms?) has some of these, that'd be great!

If you have recipes you would be willing to share, please e-mail them to me at janasolomon@hotmail.com sometime soon. I am realizing that this is going to take longer than I was thinking to put together, so I'd like to get started soon. I am hoping to have them put together and ready to sell by mid-November, at which point I will start discussing how to pre-order your very own copy (perhaps complete with your own recipe! Who doesn't want to be famous?).

And finally, this is my last desperate plea for hangers. The Children's Sale is September 18th, and I have hundreds and hundreds of items to sell-this is a major way I am hoping to raise some money quickly. They all must be on hangers (any kind-kids, adult, plastic, wire, ANY kind will work), and I just do not have even a fraction of what I need. So if you have any, even 5-10, I would be so grateful to get them. I need them ASAP, as I have to sort, hang, and price every item, and it is very time-consuming with that many items. I will be happy to come and get them. If you know of any places that typically toss hangers, please let me know that too!

Thank you, everyone, for wanting to help us. In the next couple of days, I will have official details about our garage sale (we are thinking early October), as well as pictures and prices for dolls.

2 comments:

  1. I will send you my Doro Tips recipe to include in the Ethiopian section. I am going to start attempt #2 on injera this week. If it turns out, I will send you that one too. :)
    When cooking for friends I get a lot of requests for my chicken and dumplings. You can have that too, if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana - I have some hangers for you. If you want to email me and let me know when a good time is for me to drop them off this weekend! I'm kidless this weekend, so it's no prob for me to drop 'em off to you!

    ReplyDelete