Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Random...

I thought I would take a break from begging for hangers, garage sale donations, and recipes to mention some random things.

Today is my birthday!! I am 33, and let me tell you, for whatever reason, 33 feels a lot older than 32. I have a hunch I'm going to say this every year from now on, huh? This weekend my best friend Jen and I had a girls day out to celebrate. We had gotten gift certificates for a spa for Mother's Day, so we finally used those. We also went window shopping, and I just walked around oohing and ahhing over all the adorable girl clothes and accessories. So much fun! We celebrated yesterday at the lake with cake and family. This year I asked for cash toward our adoption fund, which isn't a whole lot of fun to open, but very necessary. Why so necessary, you ask? Well...

We sent in our signed and notarized adoption contract on Friday! Woo Hoo! This also means we sent in our first part of our agency fee, which was $2,100. Ouch. We would pay a million times that to get our baby girl home, but it's still not fun writing the check. We also decided on the agency who will do our homestudy (a huge bunch of papers documenting our life, and a social worker meets with us to make sure we're not too weird), and formally applied with them.

Next up is getting all the info on what we need for our dossier (a huge, huge bunch of papers documenting our life, and including our homestudy) and starting the actual homestudy process. The homestudy agency sent us a list of questions to fill out for autobiographies we will write about ourselves, and we've actually had a lot of fun discussing our answers over the last few days. There are well over 50 questions on everything from childhood, family relations and our current kids to adoption and our future child. Whew!

And lastly, I thought I would post a couple of pictures of my sweet baby boys on here. Since this blog is focused a little more on the baby girl still to come, I have not talked about them as much, but we are having a blast getting into the swing of things as the school year really gets underway. Here they both are on their first days of school, respectively:

No comments:

Post a Comment