Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fingerprints...Check!

Tuesday we made a trip downtown to the USCIS office in an attempt to get our fingerprints done early. I was a little nervous about whether they would let us do them almost a full week ahead of time, but luckily they could not have cared less when our appointment was for, so long as we had one sometime. Yay!! We had to bring both of the boys with us, but they thought it was pretty cool to get wanded with the metal detector and watch our fingerprints show up on the screen. I am fully expecting them to say that my prints are no good. They spray something on your fingers, then press them onto a panel hooked up to a computer. The computer tells them whether the print is clear enough on each finger, and if not, they need to redo it. Well, Chad had to have one finger redone. I think all told I had about 12 redos (and yes, I realize that's more than my number of fingers...some had to be redone several times)!! I'm thinking if I ever need to begin a life of crime, this lack of clear prints may serve me well :) Now we wait for that magic I-171H form that will allow us to bring our babe into the country, hopefully in the not super distant future.

As for our dossier, I *believe* that it is officially in Ethiopia!! We had to set up a Fed Ex account to pay for the shipping as it made its way around the country, and it's been fun to try to follow its path through the charges. On Dec. 21st, we had a charge for $154, which I am pretty darn sure is our big one to send it to Ethiopia...yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment