Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Fun Things!

Okay, enough whining!! Let's talk fun stuff! I know a lot of people wait on buying things until they receive their referral. I totally see the merit in that. But I am just not that kind of person. Patience is not my virtue, and shopping, particularly bargain shopping, is something I really, really love. I've been buying blue boy clothes for 6 straight years, people, I needed to buy some pink!!!!

So, a sneak peek at a few of the things waiting here for baby girl (who will eventually have a name. We haven't decided for sure yet what it will be, but we really won't call her baby girl her entire life, just in case you were getting worried!)

Isn't this the cutest thing you've ever seen in your life? I saw a picture of my super adorable niece wearing this, and told my sister in law that I loved it. Imagine my thrill to get a surprise in the mail and find this very shirt inside! So happy!

I never shop at Von Maur. I've utilized their very nice nursing rooms and restrooms over the past six years, but rarely purchase anything because, um, they're expensive! But Cooper wanted to play with their train table (oops, another service of theirs we use while giving them very little business in return!), and the girls' clearance racks just so happen to be right next to it. I found this adorable Colts shirt more than 40% off and just had to get it! Go Colts!


In the midst of my pity party this week, I went to Target one morning. This changing table was an online return. Originally $250, it had been holding on clearance at $157 for the past five months, not budging at all! I saw my favorite customer service guy, Matty Jay, wheeling it on a flatbed and asked him if it would ever get marked down. He worked some magic with a scanner gun, and lo and behold, it was mine for $77!! So happy...

Last week, Target had their semi-annual toy clearance, where everything goes 75% off. In addition to buying the boys lots of stuff for their birthdays, Easter, and Christmas, this year for the first time I got to buy girl toys! Oh, was it fun to look at baby dolls, Barbies, and Strawberry Shortcake this time!

As you can see, retail therapy is always helpful :)






1 comment:

  1. Look at all the adorable baby dolls!! SO cute! I am glad that you like the birdie outfit. :) I am sure my niece will look just as cute as yours did in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete