Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Quick Update

Well, we don't really have anything new to share (and what could top our last post, right?) We are still completely in love with our sweet girl. Her picture is on our frige, and we look at it all the time. I keep a copy in my purse as well, so feel free to ask to look at it if you see me. I LOVE to show her off!

We told the boys the big news the very next day after we got our referral. Because the call came at night, they were already asleep. We both wanted to be there to tell them, so I had to wait the whole long day and not say anything to them! After Griffin got home from school, we sat them down and showed them her picture, and told them, "This is your baby sister!" We wanted to be sure they understood that even though we know her face now, she still doesn't get to come home to us for a few months, and I think that tempered a little of their excitement. They looked at the picture and then said, "Oh, good." In her picture she's wrapped in blankets, and Griffin was happy she might be able to bring us some blankets when she comes. I think a little was lost on them, but they are super excited. Griffin talks about his baby sister from Ethiopia all the time, and Cooper calls her "my baby." So sweet!

We sent off our official acceptance of our referral last Wednesday (as if, after seeing her sweet face, we ever could have said no!) So now we wait. We are keeping busy, and I hope the time passes as quickly as possible. We are currently working on rearranging rooms and getting things ready for her. We painted our master bedroom last weekend, and now we can move all of the things from my scrapbook room into there. Then we'll work on Cooper's big boy room, and finally make a pretty room for our princess.

Now that I know her age, I can shop with total abandon! I've been pretty good so far, just buying a clothing items here and there, but our big Children's Sale is coming up, and I do intend to go crazy :) Last week I bought a few things on super clearance at Gymboree and got a winter coat for her for next year. So fun!

The thing we are struggling with the most right now is a name for our sweet baby girl! You would think, given the fact that we've had two other kids and had to have girl names available with each of them, that we would have some clue, but oh my, has this been difficult! We have a list currently of about 6 names. I have two that are my favorites, and Chad likes them both, but isn't quite convinced either of them is IT. He also thinks her name might be French (like the name that she is meant to have). Um, sure... She does have a name now, of course, and it is actually quite cute (we can't share it on here unfortunately), but I have always dreamed of naming a daughter (I did not dream of having to contend with Chad, apparently), so I don't really want to miss the process of picking the prettiest name we can for her. We may keep it as a middle name, to keep a part of her heritage. It's a tricky thing. I think it would have been easier to choose before we saw her, but now we want to try every name on with her face in mind, and that makes it harder. And to make things even worse, Chad doesn't see the need to rush. I do! I want to be able to call her by name!

So that's what's happening around here. Hope all is well :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jana! So cute to hear about your boys and "their" baby. :0) I wanted to tell you that the name thing doesn't really need to be rushed....sorry to take your hubby's side :0), but we were still undecided if we wanted to give her an American first name and keep her traditional as part of her name until right before we left for the second trip. Even then, you don't change their name until you get home anyway...for some that's months down the road. You know she'll have your husband's name as her middle name for awhile, right? Right now Aregash's middle name is George (Dic's real name). Pretty, huh? We went back and forth about the name I had picked out if we ever had a girl, or her traditional name. Dic just blurted out one day while I was talking to someone about it, that we were keeping her name. God must have spoken to him--done deal. Guess we'll just have to have another girl to use my favs name. :0)

    ReplyDelete