Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Stressed.

That's me.

I feel like I have a million things going on, and I am starting to freak out a little at the thought of trying to get them all done. On top of that, I miss my daughter and just want to be in Ethiopia kissing and loving her already! There have been rumors this week of court delays in Ethiopia, and I have been freaking out about that. I know that everything that happens is out of my control (did I mention I hate that feeling?!), and that God already knows the exact day and time we are meant to meet her, but I would love a peek at His schedule!

What we are working on around here: For starters, the semi-annual Children's Sale is coming up on March 26th. If you remember, last September I begged and pleaded and several of you stepped up with generous donations of hangers for me. I had so many that even though I think I actually have more clothes this time than last (leftovers from the garage sale), I am doing fine on hangers! Yay! There is still the unbelievably time consuming process of hanging each item up, writing a tag for each one, and then pinning the tags on. I have spent over 8 hours on it so far, and am only a quarter of the way done. I'll try to take a picture of my dining room table to so you can appreciate my pain. We made over $900 from the last sale though, so it is definitely worth my time! With travel coming closer, we need every penny! I think this time I also going to have a shopping open house on March 11th and 12th. If you have a boy (especially in sizes preemie-3T, but I do have some bigger pieces as well, all the way through a size 16...garage sale leftovers), please consider shopping. Feel free to comment or e-mail if you are interested.

Next on my agenda is getting ready for the fundraiser dance we are having with our friends, the Taylors. I promise a more detailed post on this later (see the fancy button on the top right?), but for now just know that I need to be soliciting donations for our Silent Auction, and I HATE stuff like that. I am also terrible at it! So do me a favor, and if you have a business or know someone who has a business, and would be interested (willing) to donate something, please let me know.

And lastly, and what I would rather be working on than all the rest of this, is getting rooms ready for our kiddos. Cooper is getting a big boy room, and baby girl (still no name...thanks for the suggestions though!) is moving into my craft room. Major moving and painting going on around here. This sounds much more fun to me than tagging clothes and cold calling businesses, but alas, priorities dictate that it falls to last for now. You know you're busy when painting sounds more fun than your other options!!

No comments:

Post a Comment