Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Isn't it ironic?

So no more than an hour after I wrote that last post about how stressed I was and how much I have to do, did I become super nauseous, and I still feel that way 25 hours later. Apparently my plans to be super productive today while Cooper is with his grandma were just a pipe dream, as I have mostly laid on the couch all day :( Sigh...




I did want to post a picture of all the clothes I am selling, just so you can appreciate the sheer quantity I am up against! And the saddest part is that this table doesn't include any 0-6 month clothes, or anything bigger than 5T, because I am (thankfully) done with those. Sigh...

One wonderful thing is that people are already responding to my pathetic whining about not wanting to contact businesses to solicit donations for the silent auction! Apparently being pitiful works! My best friend from high school and her husband generously donated something cool (you'll have to come to the dance to find out what!), and my wonderful father, who is in sales and unafraid of cold calling, offered to contact the local businesses he works with. Even my brother, who is a general manager of a restaurant and lives in Texas, has offered to speak "restaurant talk" with local ones when they come for a visit in a few weeks. I'm blessed, I tell ya.

Ethiopia has been on my mind all day today. I've met some wonderful families throughout this process, and one of them got some fabulous news today. They have been waiting 10 long weeks since they went for court to go back for their Embassy appointment, and they just found out today that they have been approved and will finally get to bring their baby boy home in just a few more days! Other new friends are waiting for court dates, just like us, and some are still waiting for referrals, immigration approval (remember when I was stalking the mailbox?), or completed homestudies. So I pray for all of these families, as I know they pray for us. The adoption community is an AMAZING group to belong to.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!! The adoption community is AMAZING!!! Praying for you guys and hoping you get a court date soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that :) Hope you feel better soon!! Wish we lived closer so I could help you sort/price clothes. In a weird way, I love doing stuff like that. Anyways, praying you all get a court date SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete