Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

One month ago tonight...

we got a phone call, opened an e-mailed picture, and saw the most beautiful face in the world. We were elated, and saw nothing but wonderful things in our future...a trip to Ethiopia in a few months to meet our daughter and legally adopt her in court, a return here for a couple of months, and then one more trip to bring her home forever.

Tonight I sit feeling sick to my stomach with worry over whether that will happen in a few months, or a year. Whether it will happen as easily and quickly as we had hoped, or whether our current road of uncertainty and worry will continue. We hope to know more about how all, and even if, all of these changes will play out as this week begins. We remain optimistic that the motive behind the changes (to make sure all adoptions are ethical) can be achieved without the drastic slowdown that has been planned.

I don't discuss God, prayer, or faith on this blog that often, for fear of making some of our friends and family uncomfortable. But tonight, I ask of you...please keep us in your prayers. We truly believe that this adoption was ordained by God. We believe that He called us to do this, hand-picked our family for that one sweet baby, and we know that He alone knows exactly when and how all of this will be resolved. We know He will not abandon us on this journey now. But we would still appreciate any prayers you have to spare.

My favorite verse of the Bible is Jeremiah 29:11-13: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." We are trying to remember that, but it gets hard. Faith is a tricky, scary thing, especially when you need it the most. So please, pray for us that we have peace. Pray that this situation is resolved. Pray for all of the adoptive families also sitting sick with worry tonight. And please pray for the children of Ethiopia and every other country, that those in charge of their futures make the best decisions possible for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment