Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Choosing to Believe

Wow, well that post yesterday was kind of a downer, huh? I want to be honest on here about the feelings we've had along the way. I don't mean to sound whiny, just scared. But today, I am changing my tune. I am choosing to believe that everything is going to work out just fine.

A very dear friend, who has been one of our biggest supporters throughout this process, suggested to me that we simply choose to believe that things will work out. She told me lots more than that, but that's the main focus. Another great new adoption friend reminded me that, ultimately, faith comes down to simply having it, or not. So, why not believe? In that vein, we are getting ready to go! I washed some clothes and a soft, cozy blanket that we want to bring for Gabby today, and I decided what I'm going to wear on the plane. I've also been working on one massive packing list!

Hand in hand with believing that we are going (and not only that, but that we are going to pass court while we are there!), I want to take a minute to share the gratitude I have for the many blessings in my life.

I am grateful for:
-a husband who agreed to jump on board with this whole adoption idea, who loves me even when I freak out about EVERYTHING, and who is going to be the best daddy to Gabby, just like he is to our boys.

-two little boys who bring joy and laughter to my every day, who can't wait for their little sister to come home, and who make me happier and prouder to be their mommy than I ever imagined.

-friends and family who have stood by and supported us through this process, who are praying for us now, and who can't wait to love Gabby when she comes home.

-for where we are in the process. However hard this step is, every step we've gone through has been tough, but we made it through them, just as we'll get past those remaining.

-for the many, many lessons I am learning every single day from this journey. I could fill a book with the things I have learned about myself, my faith, and the people around us.

-for the little girl waiting for us halfway around the world, and for the fact that we will be kissing her chubby cheeks and holding her little hands in just 13 more days.

There...that's better, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment