Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gabby's Shower

I know, almost a full month late, but life has been busy lately!

I wanted to make sure to do a post about the wonderful, wonderful shower my friends threw me for Gabby. My best friend Jen had told me way back when, back when Gabby was a mere twinkle in our eyes, that she wanted to throw me a shower whenever we got further into the process. I kid you not, two minutes after I called to tell her about our referral, she reminded me that now we could have a shower! So sweet! We decided to do it in April because at that point (back in February) we really thought we would be traveling for court in early May. Ha!

Sarah, my adoption BFF, helped Jen a ton by making the gorgeous cake, designing the super cute invitations, and generally being her right hand lady. I am so grateful to have such amazing friends who love me enough to go to all this work for me! I love you guys!

Since Gabby's nursery theme is a whimsical "birds and trees" theme, they picked that for the shower theme. Oh, and lots of pink! Just look at this gorgeous cake!

So many great friends came out to help me celebrate. Thanks to everyone who came! We had delicious food, played a couple of fun games (I love games!), and of course opened presents. Our friends were so sweet and generous...we are now fully decked out with pink, pink, and more pink!



Someday I hope Gabby can look back and feel how much love people had for her before she ever even got here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment