Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

COURT DATE!!

Finally, after almost 6 weeks of waiting, the call we have been waiting for came today. We have a court date!! We will be in Ethiopia the first week of June to meet the baby girl we have been wishing for, thinking about, and loving from afar for the last three months.

Everytime the phone has rung over the past few weeks, I've said a little prayer it was THE call and been disappointed. This morning, I was out doing errands. Chad had called me on my cell phone a few times already, and when it rang again I assumed it was him. When I saw the area code, I got butterflies and knew it was Lesley from our agency. After saying hello, I said, "Please, PLEASE tell me you have a court date for us!!!" and she did! (I am sure she thinks I am a complete loon, fyi, but she does a good job hiding it). I then called Chad, who was equally excited. We are so thrilled to finally know the day we will see our sweet girl's face! Oh, the kisses I will smother her with! She has the most gorgeous chubby cheeks, and I can't wait to just eat them up! Ahhhh!

We aren't completely out of the woods yet. There will be a preliminary hearing where the judge looks through all the paperwork to make sure it's okay, and that's when we'll get our official clearance to travel. But because that hearing is only a week before ours, we're going ahead and booking our travel soon and planning that we will be there! If all goes well, we will be on a plane in just a few short weeks. I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment